Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police reported the following activity from Friday through Sunday:
- 660 calls
- 60 reports
- three burglaries
- four thefts
- six noninjury accidents
- two injury accidents
- 21 noise calls
- Quail Run School staff called Lawrence Police on Friday because a student in a classroom hit a teacher. The teacher was not injured. The student was in a therapeutic classroom that is a partnership between Lawrence public schools and Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center.
- Schwegler School staff called police Friday afternoon because a student was "noncompliant" with staff. The student's behavior plan said police should be called in such an instance.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1992 Isuzu Trooper valued at $4,000 was taken about 9 p.m. Friday from the 2200 block of Harper Street. A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported the theft to Lawrence Police.
- A 1999 Yamaha all-terrain vehicle was reported missing from the 500 block of Rockledge Road. A representative of the owning company, Peridian Group Inc., called Lawrence Police after the vehicle was discovered missing Jan. 4. The ATV was valued at $2,500.
- Several items were taken in a burglary at a residence in the 1500 block of Cadet Avenue. A 30-year-old Lawrence man told police that $3,560 in cash was taken, along with a DVD player and jewelry for total losses of $4,169. The burglary and thefts occurred Jan. 4.
- A GMC Yukon containing softball equipment was taken Saturday from the 3800 block of Clinton Parkway. Losses were listed at $20,300. The incident was reported by a 20-year-old Lawrence man.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire call, canceled en route, 3:27 p.m. Sunday, 3500 Clinton Parkway.
- Smoke scare, 1:49 p.m. Sunday, 509 Dakota St.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 1:01 p.m. Sunday, 3500 Clinton Parkway.
- False alarm, 9:53 a.m. Sunday, 3102 Iowa.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 4:53 a.m. Sunday, 1045 Hilltop Drive.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 4:25 a.m. Sunday, 104 Bristol Terrace.