Agenda highlights ¢ 6:35 p.m. today ¢ City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets ¢ Sunflower Broadband Channel 25 ¢ Meeting documents online at www.lawrenceks.org
City commissioners will consider a use permitted upon review for a new retirement community north of West Sixth Street and west of Congressional Drive.
The 17-acre project would include 38 single-family homes, eight duplexes and three 16-unit apartment complexes, plus a retirement care center that would have another 208 units.
- Proclaim the week of Jan. 10-17 as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Week.
- Recognition of the Revs. Leo Barbee, Paul Winn Jr. and William Dulin for their dedication to the Martin Luther King Jr. celebrations.
- Approve City Commission meeting minutes.
- Receive minutes from various boards.
- Approve all claims.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses for: Louise's West, 1307 W. Seventh St.; Jack Flanigans Bar & Grill, 806 W. 24th St.; West Coast Saloon, 2222 Iowa; and Don's Steakhouse, 2176 E. 23rd St.; retail liquor license for Discount Retail Liquor, 1805 W. Second St.; and taxi cab licenses for Affordable Limousine, 1109 Prescott; Matada Manjunath, 2600 W. Sixth St.; and Midwest Transportation, 792 N. Second St.
- Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor.
- Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award bid for a TV inspection van for the utilities department to Utility Maintenance Contractors for $108,005.
b.) Authorize mayor and city clerk to execute an agreement with Kansas Department of Transportation to commit city funds of $72,923 for traffic signal improvements at Seventh and Kentucky streets.
c.) Approve purchase from Shawnee Mission Ford for 11 Crown Victoria police cars off the MACPP cooperative bid in the amount of $20,976 each for a total of $230,736.
d.) Award comprehensive housing rehabilitation bids for 2236 East Drive to Old Home Store in amount of $27,511 and 811 E. 11th St. to Penny Construction for $17,971.
- Adopt resolution authorizing the issuance of bonds in the amount of $75,000 to fund traffic signal improvements at Seventh and Kentucky streets.
- Accept dedication of easements and rights-of-way for QuikTrip store at northeast corner of 23rd Street and Haskell Avenue.
- Approve site plan for the redevelopment of commercial buildings at 642-646 Locust St. and an additional parking lot at 645 Locust St.
- Approve unanimous recommendations from the Traffic Safety Commission for the following:
a.) Take no action on traffic safety alternatives at the intersection of Kasold Drive and Riverview Road.
b.) Deny request to establish no parking along the west side of North Fourth Street between Lincoln and Perry streets.
- Authorize mayor to sign release of mortgage for: Elroy Washington, 909 N.Y.; Shirley Rea, 222 Summertree Lane.
- Receive city manager's report.
- Receive report from Sabatini Architects regarding bids for Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical Station No. 5.
- Receive request from Mike Elwell of Abe and Jake's Landing regarding reducing or eliminating the monthly rent requirement for the Riverfront Plaza parking garage.
- Receive Traffic Safety Commission recommendation to provide an adult crossing guard at the intersection of Arrowhead Drive and Peterson Road.
- Receive Traffic Safety Commission recommendation to re-stripe West Sixth Street between Alabama and Tennessee streets to provide a two-way left turn lane.
- Consider accepting dedication of easements and rights-of-way on final plat for Stoneridge North, a single-family residential subdivision with 19.282 acres. The property is located east of George Williams Way (extended) and west of Stoneridge Drive (extended.)
- Consider rezoning 17.874 acres from Office and Planned Residential Development to RO-1B (Residential-Office.) The property is generally described as being north of West Sixth Street and west of Congressional Drive.
- Consider approving use permitted upon review for Village Meadows Retirement Community. The project is located north of West Sixth Street and west of Congressional Drive.
- Receive report on Kasold Drive reconstruction from Peterson Road to the Kansas Turnpike Bridge.