Law enforcement report
- Police arrested a 22-year-old woman early Friday in the 100 block of Indian Avenue for criminal trespassing.
- A 31-year-old man reported he was criminally threatened Wednesday evening in the 100 block of Perry Street.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- An 18-year-old Lawrence man reported someone damaged a vehicle early Friday in the 400 block of Locust Street. The estimated damage was about $600.
- A 24-year-old Lawrence woman reported the theft and an unlawful use of a weapon Tuesday night. The incident happened at the Movie Gallery, 1501 W. Sixth St. The woman reported eight video games and three video game cases totaling $349.92 were taken.
- An auto burglary Thursday evening in the 3300 block of Iowa resulted in about $3,950 worth of items being stolen out of a car. A 19-year-old McLouth man reported the burglary and theft. Among the missing items were 235 CDs valued at $3,525.
A Lawrence man was taken to the hospital Friday after falling asleep at the wheel on Interstate 70.
Charlie Hunt Jr., 47, was driving on the highway at 5:25 a.m. when he was struck from behind by a 1998 Ford Windstar driven by Michael Weston, 21, Manhattan. Weston was not injured, nor was Hunt's wife, Kelley, who was riding in a 1996 Ford Aerostar with Hunt.
A police report said the incident had occurred when Weston fell asleep at the wheel. All people involved were wearing seat belts. Hunt was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and released.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Hazardous condition, other, 7:47 p.m. Thursday, 915 Centennial Drive.
- Smoke or odor removal, 2:26 p.m. Thursday, 155 Indian Ave.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, unintentional, 10:54 a.m. Thursday, 200 Maine.
- Dumpster or other outside trash receptacle fire, 8:37 a.m. Thursday, 1133 Kent Terrace.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to the shelter
- Black Lab mix, female, 5 to 7 years old.