Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Thursday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 230 calls
- 43 reports
- one burglary
- two thefts
- 27 noninjury accidents
- two injury accidents
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 36-year-old Lawrence woman told police someone stole $2,860 in furniture and appliances from her trailer in the 1900 block of East 19th Street. The woman was evicted in summer 2002 and left some of her belongings locked in the unoccupied trailer, according to a report. When she returned on Monday to get the items, she found them missing, police said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, odor of smoke, 8:03 p.m. Wednesday, 1734 Engel Road.
- Carbon monoxide incident, 6:21 p.m. Wednesday, 2425 Brushcreek Drive.
- Carbon monoxide incident, 11:10 a.m. Wednesday, 407 W. 17th St.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled en route, 2:12 a.m. Wednesday, 1301 West Campus Road.
- Alarm system sounded, no fire, unintentional, 1:11 a.m. Wednesday, 1607 W. 24th St.