Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Tuesday that in the past 24 hours they handled:
- 233 calls
- 34 reports
- one burglary
- three thefts
- eight noninjury accidents
- one injury accident
- A 28-year-old Leavenworth woman was in serious condition Tuesday afternoon because of injuries suffered in a car accident Saturday morning.
Crystal D. Sinclair was headed eastbound on Evans Road "at a high rate of speed," according to a report from the Leavenworth County Sheriff Department. Sinclair missed a turn, went airborne and struck a tree.
Sinclair was transported to the University of Kansas Hospital by an area ambulance service. A hospital spokesman said Sinclair was in serious condition.
Leavenworth County Sheriff Department spokesman Leonard Ayres said deputies continued to investigate the accident.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence man was arrested for aggravated indecent liberties with a child. The arrest occurred in the 1900 block of East 19th Street.
Lawrence Police Sgt. Dan Ward said the accusations against the man happened between September 2003 and March 2004. The man allegedly was in a sexual relationship with a girl who at the time was 15.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Dispatched fire incident and canceled en route, 2:09 a.m. Monday, 1045 Emery Road.
- Detector activated due to malfunction, 12:25 p.m. Monday, 1101 Miss.
- Smoke detector activated, no fire, 12:33 p.m., Monday, 1515 Engel Road.