Is it a coincidence that the presidential debate (8 p.m., ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, Fox News) airs on the same night as "Survivor" (7 p.m., CBS) and "Extreme Makeover" (7 p.m., ABC)?
On tonight's "Makeover," Tom Keifer of the '80s rock band Cinderella helps David, a special education teacher and aspiring musician, transform himself into a rock star. After suffering with acne scars her whole adult life, Amy undergoes surgery.
- Tonight's "Survivor" (7 p.m., CBS) features a rare double eviction, with both male and female tribes booting out one member. This gang can't leave fast enough. Nobody has emerged as entirely likeable. Last week, Dolly the sheep farmer was so sure she was the essential swing vote that she couldn't feel the knives in her back.
Tonight's other highlights
- Joey bluffs his way through a book club meeting on "Joey" (7 p.m., NBC).
- Grace takes her twelfth step toward a donut on "Will & Grace" (7:30 p.m., NBC).
- Willie Garson, Jennie Garth, Richard Kind, Dave Navarro and Jerry O'Connell compete for charity on "Celebrity Poker Showdown" (8 p.m., Brav).
- "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How they Got that Way" (9 p.m., History) looks at the cocaine trade.
John Travolta and Pearl Jam appear on "Late Show with David Letterman" (10:35 p.m., CBS) ... Jay Leno welcomes David Spade on "The Tonight Show" (10:35 p.m., NBC).