Agenda highlights ¢ 5 p.m. Tuesday ¢ City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets ¢ Sunflower Broadband Channel 25 ¢ Meeting documents online at www.lawrenceks.org
Ninety minutes before its regular meeting, the Lawrence City Commission will meet in a 30-minute executive session to discuss the possible acquisition of real estate. No indication was given of what real estate was at issue.
- Consider motion to recess into executive session to discuss the possible acquisition of real estate for 30 minutes. The justification for the executive session is to keep possible terms and conditions for possible acquisition confidential at this time. The regular session will resume in the City Commission meeting room.
- Proclaim Oct. 8-10 to be "Knights of Columbus Helping People with Mental Retardation Days."
- Proclaim the week of Oct. 2 as "University of Kansas Homecoming Week."
- Proclaim the week of Oct. 10 as "Kansas Family and Community Education Week."
- Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Sept. 21
- Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
- Approve all claims.
- Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor: Colleen Zimmerman and Bruce Flanders to the Downtown Parking Advisory Board; Judy Keller and Kathy Greenlee to the Hospital Board; and Marci Francisco to the Neighborhood Resources Advisory Board.
- Bid and purchase items:
a) Authorize city manager to execute agreement with Sabatini and Associates for architectural design for the construction of Fire Station No. 4 (relocation to 1800 block of Wakarusa Drive) in the amount of $107,500.
b) Approve bid from Ace Pipe Cleaning for large line sanitary sewer cleaning in the amount of $52,436.25 (Utilities/Collection System).
c) Set bid opening date of Oct. 12 for the Neighborhood Resources Department comprehensive rehabilitation projects at 3107 Longhorn Drive, 2708 Rawhide Lane, 1525 E. 28th Street Terrace and 2002 W. 27th St.
d) Authorize city manager to execute agreement with New Directions Behavioral Health to provide a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program beginning in January 2005 (2005 cost $23,000).
- Adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 7831, establishing no parking along the north side of Applegate Court.
- Approve the following site plans, subject to conditions:
a) A site plan for QuikTrip Store No. 167, northeast corner of Haskell Avenue and East 23rd Street. Application submitted by Dan Watkins for QuikTrip Corporation, contract purchaser.
b) A site plan for Overland Pointe, a proposed 27-dwelling-unit, two-story townhouse development to be located on 2.3 acres at the southeast corner of Overland Drive and Queens Road. Submitted by Peridian Group for C.F.M., L.L.C.
c) A revised site plan to add a fenced outdoor patio area at Louise's West, 1307 W. Seventh Street. Submitted by Paula Mather for Larry Hogan and Don McClure, property owners of record. This property is within the building permit moratorium area. City Commission approval is conditioned upon the requirement that issuance of a building permit provides for no addition to the building footprint and allows the issuance of a building permit for a fence 8 feet in height.
- Approve unanimous recommendation from the Traffic Safety Commission to deny a request to establish no parking along the north side of 24th Terrace from Kasold Drive, east 200 feet.
- Approve public involvement guidelines for the Lawrence Transit System as recommended by the Public Transit Advisory Committee.
- Approve five-year lease extension with Health Care Access for the city-owned building and property at 1920 Moodie Road.
¢ City manager's report
- No items.