Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Brush, or brush and grass mixture fire, 6:22 p.m. Friday, 1611 W. 21st St.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire - unintentional, 8:27 a.m. Friday, 2330 Packer Road.
- Attempt to burn, 3:01 a.m. Friday, 1800 Engel Road.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Poodle mix, white and apricot with black and white collar, male, 1 year old.
- Shepherd mix, black with red, male, 1 to 2 years.
- Dachshund mix, black and tan with blue collar, female, adult.
- Chocolate Lab, male, 1 to 2 years.