Candidates for congressional and state offices have been invited to debate education issues during a forum at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the commons area at Lawrence High School, 1901 La.
The event is sponsored by the Lawrence Education Assn. and Kansas Families United for Public Education.
Candidates invited to participate in the forum are:
- Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan., and Democrat Lee Jones in the race for the U.S. Senate seat.
- Incumbent Dennis Moore, D-Kan., and Republican Kris Kobach in the race for the 3rd District U.S. House seat.
- Incumbent Jim Ryun, R-Kan., and Democratic challenger Nancy Boyda in the race for the 2nd District U.S. House seat.
- Republican incumbent Mark Buhler and Democrat Marci Francisco in the race for 2nd District Kansas Senate.
- Democratic incumbent Tom Holland and Republican Rich Lorenzo in the race for 10th District Kansas House.
- Republican Roger Pine and Democrat Jan Justice in the race for 3rd District Kansas Senate.
- Incumbents Tom Sloan, R-Lawrence; Barbara Ballard, D-Lawrence; and Paul Davis, D-Lawrence; who represent Districts 45, 46 and 47, respectively, in the Kansas House. The three are unopposed.
- Democratic incumbent Bill Wagnon and Republican Robert Meissner in the race for District 4 Kansas State Board of Education.