The Lawrence ArtWalk celebrates its 10th anniversary this weekend with a birthday party that will feature a retrospective of promotional items from years past, food catered by Pachamama's and live music by folk-rock band Uncle Dirty Toes.
The party also kicks off the first-ever ArtWalk preview exhibition, which will remain on view through Oct. 23-24, the weekend of the self-guided tour of area artists' studios.
This weekend's festivities will be at Ad Astra Galleria, 205 W. Eighth St.
Other entertainment opportunities include:
- "Fall-For-All" arts, crafts and food festival, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today and Sunday, Pendleton's Country Market, 1446 E. 1850 Road, 843-1409.
- Lawrence Potters Guild sale, 10 a.m. today, Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., 843-2787.
- Arts & Crafts Fair, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today, Indian Hills Church of God, 31st and Louisiana streets, 843-9565 or 842-1345.
- "Jayhawk Idol" auditions, 1 p.m. today, Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union, Kansas University campus.
- Nordic Heritage Festival, 1:30 p.m.-9 p.m. today, Building 21, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2110 Harper St., 843-7535.
- "The Fantasy World of C.S. Lewis," 2 p.m.-3 p.m. today, Shawnee Library, 13811 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, (913) 962-3800.
- Spirit Sing auditions, 1 p.m. Sunday, Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union, KU campus.
- Children's Art Appreciation Class: "Look, but Don't Touch," 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. today, Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., 864-0137.
- Documentary film: "Courage of the People," 2 p.m. today, Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., 864-4710.
- Opening reception: Preview exhibition for 10th Lawrence ArtWalk, 6 p.m. today, Ad Astra Galleria, 205 W. Eighth St., 856-GOLD.
- Closing reception: Fourth annual Lawrence Own-Your-Own Art Exhibition and Sale, noon-3 p.m. Sunday, Wakarusa Corporate Centre, northwest corner of 18th Street and Wakarusa Drive.
- "Still Life with Iris," 2:30 p.m. today, Crafton-Preyer Theatre, 843-7469.
- "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," 8 p.m. today and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Lawrence Community Theatre, 1501 N.H., 843-7469.
- "Amber Waves," 8 p.m. today and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Crafton-Preyer Theatre, Murphy Hall, 1530 Naismith Drive, 864-3982.
- E.A.T. presents two original one-act plays: "The Sunshine Game" and "Sam's Club," 8 p.m. today, Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., 843-2787.
- "The Curse of the Hopeless Diamond," interactive mystery aboard Midland Railway, 7:30 p.m. today and 1:30 p.m. Sunday, departs from Santa Fe Depot, 1515 W. High St., Baldwin, (785) 594-7440.
- KU Men's Choral Festival, 3 p.m. today and Sunday, Lied Center, 864-2787 or 864-3436.
- Matthew Brewer, 4 p.m. today, Starbucks, 647 Mass., 832-0300.
- Rye Coalition, Division of Laura Lee, Your Enemies Friends, The Kinison, 5 p.m. today (early show), The Bottleneck, 737 N.H., 841-LIVE.
- Keywest Jazz Quartet, 6 p.m. today, Stone Creek, 3801 W. Sixth St., 830-8500.
- Billy Ebeling and The Late For Dinner Band, 7 p.m. today, Abe & Jake's, 8 E. Sixth St., 841-5855.
- Ruskabank, O'Phil, B-team, Special Disaster Team, Lost 80, 7 p.m. today, The Granada Theatre, 1020 Mass., 842-1390.
- My Father's Gun, Dark Matter, Inertia, 9 p.m. today, The Pool Room, 925 Iowa, 749-5039.
- Her Space Holiday, Daedelus, Neotropic, Octavius, 9 p.m. today, The Bottleneck, 737 N.H., 841-LIVE.
- Double Clutch, 9 p.m. today, Stu's Midtown Tavern, 925 Iowa, 856-7887.
- The Sexy Sounds of Aaron Marable, 9 p.m. today, Gaslight Tavern & Coffeehouse, 317 N. Second St., 856-4330.
- The Zeros, 9 p.m. today, The Hurricane, 4048 Broadway St., Kansas City, Mo., (816) 753-0884.
- Soulful King, 10 p.m. today, Jazzhaus, 926 1/2 Mass., 749-3320.
- Mendoza Line, OK Jones, 10 p.m. today, The Replay Lounge, 946 Mass., 749-7676.
- Ad Astra Per Aspera, The Prids, Novalus, 10 p.m. today, The Jackpot Saloon, 943 Mass., 832-1085.
- Dirty Boogie, 10 p.m. today, Gaslight Tavern & Coffeehouse, 317 N. Second St., 856-4330.
- Visiting Artist Series: Japanese concert, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Swarthout Recital Hall, Murphy Hall, KU campus, 864-3436.
- Viva Voce, The Like Young, Crown Vic, 10 p.m. Sunday, The Jackpot Saloon, 943 Mass., 832-1085.