Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- At least three thefts happened late Wednesday or early Thursday in an apartment parking lot in the 3600 block of Clinton Parkway.
A 43-year-old Lawrence man reported his black and silver Nissan automobile worth $7,500 taken from there between midnight and 7 a.m.
In roughly the same time frame, a 20-year-old Kansas University student reported compact discs and a car stereo taken from his car, and a 22-year-old man reported $2,400 in stereo equipment, clothing and other items taken from his car.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Motor vehicle-pedestrian accident, 8:17 p.m. Thursday, East 23rd and Harper streets.
- False alarm, 5:14 p.m. Thursday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 1:32 p.m. Thursday, 1045 Emery Road.
- Good-intent call, 1:13 p.m. Thursday, 825 Murrow Court.
- Good-intent call, 12:47 p.m. Thursday, 937 Conn.
- Hazardous material incident, nothing found, 9:09 a.m. Thursday, 2105 E. 28th St.
- Fire call, canceled, 2:40 a.m. Thursday, 111 E. 11th St.