Want to know more about the sculptures that have landed on downtown street corners in recent weeks? Arts commissioner Jeff Ridgway will lead a tour of the 2004 Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition at 5:30 this evening. A reception will follow at the Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., where the tour begins and ends. Here are some other weekend options:
- Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game National Championship tournament play, 9 a.m. today, Hyatt Regency Crown Center, 2345 McGeen St., Kansas City, Mo., (800) 324-6496.
- Community Health and Safety Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today, John Knox Village Pavilion, 520 N.W. Murray Road, Lee's Summit, Mo., (816) 347-2194.
- Ant Weekend at Powell Gardens with Bug Deli, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today, Powell Gardens, 1609 N.W. U.S. Highway 50, Kingsville, Mo., (816) 697-2600.
- Old West Cowboy Days and Chuck Wagon Cookout, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. today, City Park, Ottawa.
- The Pastimes Tea Party, 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. today, Johnson County Museum of History, 6305 Lackman Road, Shawnee, (913) 631-6709.
- "Right Between the Ears," 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. today, Liberty Hall, 644 Mass., 749-1972 or (816) 931-3330.
- Twilight in the Gardens with calypso and Caribbean favorites by duo Berto and Miguel, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. today, Powell Gardens, 1609 N.W. U.S. Highway 50, Kingsville, Mo., (816) 697-2600.
- Community Barn Dance, 8 p.m. today, Woodlawn School, 508 Elm, 749-1356.
- Brunch and music, noon-3 p.m. Sunday, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 751-1278.
- Father's Day: Big Bugs tour and the Crawleseum all day, lunch barbecue followed by Spirit of Independence Concert Band, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, Powell Gardens, 1609 N.W. U.S. Highway 50, Kingsville, Mo., (816) 697-2600.
- Kid's Art Appreciation Class: "Impressionism," 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. today, Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., 864-0137.
- "The Curator is In!: Chinese Collection Highlights, 1 p.m. today, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 751-1278.
- 17th annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition, guided tour, 5:30 p.m. today, Lawrence Arts Center through downtown, 940 N.H., 843-2787.
- "Realism and Abstraction: Six Degrees of Separation," today through July 31, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 561-4000.
- "Black & White in America" guided tour, 2 p.m. Sunday, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 751-1278.
- "A Painting for Over the Sofa (That's Not Necessarily a Painting)," through Sunday, Kress Gallery, Spencer Museum of Art, 1301 Miss., 864-4710.
- "The Wizard of Oz," 2 p.m. today, Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., 843-2787.
- "Love and War" and "Shift," 8 p.m., Lawrence Arts Center, 940 N.H., 843-2787.
- "Gypsy," 8 p.m. today and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Lawrence Community Theatre, 1501 N.H., 843-7469.
- "The Rainmaker," 8 p.m. today, Just Off Broadway Theatre, 3051 Central, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 235-6222.
- "Take Me Out," 8 p.m. today and 3 p.m. Sunday, Unicorn Theatre, 3828 Main St., Kansas City, Mo., (816) 531-PLAY.
- Wakarusa Music and Camping Festival, 11:45 a.m. today and 10 a.m. Sunday, Clinton Lake State Park, 842-9252.
- 98.9 Rockfest, noon today, Liberty Memorial, Kansas City, Mo.
- Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop, 1 p.m. today, Americana Music Academy, 1419 Mass., 830-9640.
- Country Hearts Band, 6:30 p.m. today, Bichelmeyer's Steakhouse, 427 E. Fourth St., Tonganoxie, (913) 369-2337.
- Belinda Gail and Curly Musgrave in concert, 7 p.m. today, Ottawa Municipal Auditorium, Ottawa.
- Sunflower Kansas Festival: annual series of chamber orchestra concerts and chamber music, 7:30 p.m. today and Sunday, White Concert Hall, Washburn University campus, Topeka, (785) 231-1010.
- Arnie Johnson, Annie Dunavin, Rich Johnson, 7:30 p.m. today, Annie's Country Jubilee, Fourth and Main, Tonganoxie, (913) 845-9600.
- Donkey Show, Ike Turner Overdrive, Rama Lamas, 9 p.m. today, The Bottleneck, 737 N.H., 841-LIVE.
- Sellout!, 10 p.m. today, The Jazzhaus, 926 1/2 Mass., 749-3320.
- Santo Gold, This Building is Cursed, The Monarch Song, 10 p.m. today, Vermont Street BBQ, 728 Mass., 856-4227.
- Gotham Road (featuring Michale Graves of The Misfits), Summer Dying, Witness, 5 p.m. Sunday (early show), The Bottleneck, 737 N.H., 841-LIVE.
- The Oxford Collapse, John Harrison, 9 p.m. Sunday, Eighth Street Tap Room, 801 N.H., 841-6918.
- The Pony's, Murdocks, 10 p.m. Sunday, Replay Lounge, 946 Mass., 749-7676.