Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire call, canceled, 11:59 p.m. Monday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- Coroner scene investigation, 7:45 p.m. Monday, 3708 W. Sixth St.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 4:26 p.m. Monday, 1045 Emery Road.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 4:06 p.m. Monday, 1045 Emery Road.
- Fire call, canceled, 3:17 p.m. Monday, 1920 Constant Ave.
- Fire call, canceled, 9:28 a.m. Monday, 911 Mass.
- Outside equipment fire, 3:40 a.m. Monday, East 20th Street and Barker Avenue.
- Building fire, 3:37 p.m. Sunday, 783 Elm St.
- Fire call, canceled, 10:23 a.m. Sunday, 2020 W. 31st St.
- Outside equipment fire, 2:09 a.m. Sunday, 2145 La.
- Chemical spill or leak, 1:38 a.m. Sunday, Learnard Avenue and East 23rd Street.
- Unintentional smoke detector activation, 1:26 a.m. Sunday, 806 Mass.
- Smoke scare, odor of smoke, 12:36 a.m. Sunday, 2539 Morningside Drive.
- Alarm system malfunction, 12:05 a.m. Sunday, 1575 Irving Hill Road.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Golden retriever, male, 4 years.
- Australian shepherd mix, brown merle, male, 2 to 3 months.
- Setter mix, red and white, male, 2 years.
- Hound/shepherd mix, black and brown, male, 3 years.
- Spaniel mix, red with black shading, male, 1 1/2 years.