Law enforcement report
- Police seized $639 in cash, a 9 mm pistol, and suspected crack cocaine and marijuana after executing a search warrant Jan. 8 at a home in the 800 block of Connecticut Street, according to a police report released Tuesday.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Dolls, guns and wedding rings were among the items stolen from the home of a 73-year-old Lawrence woman during a burglary between Jan. 13 and Sunday, according to a report.
The woman, who lives in the 2500 block of Lawrence Avenue, told police she was missing three dolls valued at $320, a $200 lamp, two wedding rings, two .22-caliber rifles, an air rifle and a revolver.
- A U-Haul employee reported that an unknown suspect stole a truck worth $37,000 between Jan. 11 and Jan. 15 from the 500 block of Kasold Drive.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector malfunction, 10:48 p.m. Monday, 2601 Whitmore Drive.
- Smoke or odor removal, 7:15 p.m. Monday, 941 La.
- Cooking fire, 6:30 p.m. Monday, 4100 Clinton Parkway.
- Fire call, canceled, 3:21 p.m. Monday, 810 W. Sixth St.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 12:32 p.m. Monday, 911 Mass.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 9:47 a.m. Monday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Smoke or odor removal, 9:43 a.m. Monday, 911 Mass.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 8 a.m. Monday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Sprinkler malfunction, 6:55 a.m. Monday, 4931 W. Sixth St.
- False alarm, 6:20 a.m. Monday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 1:23 a.m. Monday, 2600 W. Sixth St.