- Kansas leads the all-time series with Kansas State, 165-88.
- KU has won 26 straight against KSU overall and nine consecutive games in Lawrence.
- KU coach Bill Self is 1-0 against the Wildcats, and Kansas State coach Jim Wooldridge 0-6 versus the Jayhawks.
- The last time K-State won in Lawrence was Jan. 17, 1994, (68-64) -- its most recent win over KU.
- The Jayhawks won the first-ever meeting with K-State, 54-39, Jan. 25, 1907 in Lawrence.
- First-year KU assistant Tim Jankovich was a three-year starter at K-State. While playing for the Wildcats, Jankovich was a three-time Academic All-American and an honorable mention All-Big Eight player. He left KSU with nine top-10 career marks, including ranking first in assists per game and first in career free-throw percentage (91.7). In each of his three seasons, the Wildcats were ranked in the top 20 and posted three straight NCAA Tournament appearances, including a 1981 Elite Eight berth and a 1982 Sweet 16 appearance. Jankovich also served as an assistant coach for KSU 1984-86.
- Kansas State assistant sports information director Tom Gilbert served one year as an intern in the Kansas media relations office. Four current members of the KUAC staff also spent time in Manhattan before serving in their current positions -- Candace Dunback (media relations), J.D. Loudabarger and Casey Cook (facilities) and Jennifer Berquist (Williams Fund).
- Jayhawk head coach Bill Self was a player for Oklahoma State from 1981 to 1985 and faced the Wildcats nine times. He was 7-2 all-time against KSU as a player.
- Four Jayhawks and two Wildcats hail from the Sunflower State.
- Aaron Miles needs 12 assists to pass Adonis Jordan for fifth place on KU's all-time assists list. Miles needs six steals to pass Jordan for sixth place on the Jayhawks' all-time steals list.
- KU has hit at least one three-pointer in 124 straight games.
January 14, 2004