New York A charity auction will offer the chance to literally walk in Carrie Bradshaw's shoes by selling wardrobe from "Sex and the City" to raise money for several charities.
The auction on www.hbo.com began Friday and ends at 2 p.m. Feb. 23.
Signed scripts and posters will be auctioned off along with such clothing as Charlotte's wine-stained Badgley Mischka wedding dress, worn during her accident-laden wedding to Harry.
The following clothing will also be on the auction block:
- A Vivienne Westwood blue plaid dress, Guiseppe Zanotti yellow suede shoes and a Dries Van Noten floral silk dress worn by Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker).
- A Matthew Williamson palm print dress and a French maid outfit worn by Samantha (Kim Cattrall).
- A David Gregory tropical print dress worn by Charlotte (Kristin Davis).
- A "Buddha" skirt and a wedding bouquet worn by Miranda (Cynthia Nixon).
- Behnaz Sarafpour, Isabel Toledo and Proenza Schouler dresses that were displayed as part of the "Sex and the City" Christmas window at Barneys New York in 2003.
- Men's items, such as a suit, silk pajamas and designer ties worn by Mr. Big (Chris Noth) and a T-shirt worn by Smith Jerrod (Jason Lewis).
Proceeds from the auction will benefit four charities chosen by the female stars of the show: New York Public Library; My Sister's Place, a program that aids domestic violence victims; Planned Parenthood Federation of America; and the Drama Dept., a theater collective. HBO plans to match the proceeds raised by the auction. HBO.com's first two "Sex and the City" auctions raised nearly $35,000 for charity.