Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Ecumenical Christian Ministries, 1204 Oread Ave., reported a burglary that occurred between 8 p.m. Thursday and 8:30 a.m. Friday. The loss of money, postal stamps and a Palm Pilot and damage to a door and cabinet totaled about $560.
- A 53-year-old woman reported that a pop-up tent valued at $2,000 was taken between 9 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday from the 200 block of Illinois Street.
- An 84-year-old man reported his 1997 Buick Regal missing. It was taken sometime between 7 a.m. and 7:10 a.m. Friday from the 2500 block of West Sixth Street. He valued the car at $6,000.
- A 34-year-old man reported that between 1:20 a.m. and 2 a.m. Friday someone damaged a door jamb to his apartment in the 200 block of West Ninth Street. Missing were a watch, computer and electronic equipment. Losses and damage were listed at $15,060.
- Two 22-year-old men reported a burglary that occurred between 3 p.m. Wednesday and 2 p.m. Thursday at their residence in the 1300 block of Ohio Street. A door frame was damaged. Missing were cash, electronic items including televisions and DVD players, a guitar, personal checks, bank and credit cards. Damage and losses were estimated at $6,920.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 8:24 p.m. Sunday, 3512 W. 24th St.
- Good intent fire report, no fire, 7:49 p.m. Sunday, 660 Gateway Court.
- Vehicle fire, 7:28 p.m. Sunday, 2901 Chisholm Drive.
- False alarm, 5:24 p.m. Sunday, 2600 W. Sixth St.
- Good intent fire report, no fire, 3:11 p.m. Sunday, Peterson Road and Kasold Drive.
- Excessive heat, 12:34 p.m. Sunday, 1030 N. Third St.
- Carbon monoxide incident, 12:27 p.m. Sunday, 641 Walnut.
- False alarm, 11:09 a.m. Sunday, 2511 W. 31st St.
- Carbon monoxide incident, 7:53 a.m. Sunday, 334 Woodlawn Circle.