Law enforcement report
- Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical and Lawrence Police responded to a two-vehicle accident at 3:25 p.m. Wednesday at Third Street and Industrial Lane. A 1992 Taurus driven by Jimmy Butler, of Tonganoxie was northbound on North Third Street when it struck a 1998 Ford Taurus driven by Tina Satomi, 37, of Lawrence. Satomi was making a left turn onto North Third, police said.
Both Satomi and Butler were taken by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released, a nursing supervisor said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Detector activation, no fire, 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 Naismith Drive.
- Detector activation, no fire, 7:27 p.m. Tuesday, 4120 Clinton Parkway.
- Bomb scare, no bomb found, 7:20 p.m. Tuesday, 827 Walnut.
- Utility pole fire, 7 a.m. Tuesday, 31st and Atchison streets.
- False alarm, 4:31 a.m. Tuesday, 936 N.Y.
- Natural gas leak, 3:48 a.m. Tuesday, 110 N. Mich.