Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke or odor removal, 8:57 p.m. Thursday, 1733 W. 24th St.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 7:27 p.m. Thursday, 2333 Ridge Court.
- Good-intent call, 7:20 p.m. Thursday, 1101 Vt.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 5:43 p.m. Thursday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Excessive heat, scorch burns, 2:54 p.m. Thursday, 1100 Ind.
- Gas leak, 11:40 a.m. Thursday, 1908 E. 19th St.
- Good-intent call, 9:50 a.m. Thursday, Michigan Street.
- Good-intent call, 3:11 a.m. Thursday, 1805 E. 29th St.
- Smoke detector malfunction 2:41 a.m. Thursday, 2104 E. 26th St.
Lawrence Humane Society
Dogs brought to shelter
- Shepherd mix, tan with black, female.
- Shepherd, white, male, 2 years old.
- Malamute mix, black with red shading, male, 2 to 3 months old.