Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Suspects cashed at least three stolen checks at Intrust Bank, 544 Columbia Drive, and made away with more than $1,700 in cash, according to police reports. The checks were made out to a flooring company and an individual. The bank reported the incident Tuesday and said the thefts happened between Feb. 11 and Feb. 13.
- A white Ford F-150 extended-cab pickup belonging to the city was taken from 1 Riverfront Plaza between 1 p.m. Tuesday and 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, according to a Lawrence Police report. A Public Works Department employee reported the incident, which included the theft of a cordless Craftsman drill. Items were listed at a value of $18,109.
- A red Mitsubishi Eclipse was taken between 10:30 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 a.m. Monday from the 2200 block of Riviera Drive, a 20-year-old Lawrence woman reported to police. The vehicle and other items taken were listed at a value of $22,196.
- A number of prescription drugs valued at $12,950 were taken between 2:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Tuesday from a building in the 700 block of Lake Street. A 44-year-old Lawrence man reported the crime, which included the theft of Valium.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Heat from short circuit in defective/worn wiring, 11:55 p.m. Wednesday, 2007 Palmer Drive.
- Police matter, 8:58 p.m. Wednesday, 4701 W. Sixth St.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 1:53 p.m. Wednesday, 1508 Powers St.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled, 7:51 a.m. Wednesday, 922 N. 1800 Road.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled, 4:05 a.m. Wednesday, 3100 W. 22nd St.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Yellow Labrador, female, 5 years old.
- Chow-shepherd mix, tan and black, female, 8 years old.
- Pyrenees, white, female, 4 years old.
Douglas County District Court
Joshua McMaster, 25, Lawrence, and Amy Upstill-McMaster, 26, Lawrence.
Robert Culley, 35, Baldwin, and Nancy Culley, 34, Baldwin.