Law enforcement report
Police arrested a 42-year-old Lawrence man about 8:30 p.m. Monday after someone saw him walking in the 1900 block of Louisiana Street with what appeared to be a sword.
Police found the man carrying a metal baton with a kitchen knife attached to the end. Another eyewitness reported seeing the man use the knife to puncture the tire of a nearby Ford Explorer, and he was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 22-year-old Lawrence man reported his 1997 BMW and a set of golf clubs taken from the west lot of Cornish Square.
The theft happened between 10 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday. He told police the car was worth $23,000 and the clubs were worth $800.
- A 22-year-old Kansas University student reported that someone took 200 compact discs, a sleeping bag, a stereo and other belongings from her car in the 2500 block of West 31st Street.
The theft happened sometime between 7:45 p.m. Sunday and 8:45 a.m. Monday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire call, canceled, 6:35 p.m. Tuesday, 727 N. Iowa.
- Vehicle fire, 6:19 p.m. Tuesday, 1015 W. 23rd St.
- Fire call, canceled, 2:36 p.m. Tuesday, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Arcing, shorted electrical equipment, 12:42 p.m. Tuesday, 900 Ohio.
- Gasoline or other flammable liquid spill, 8:52 a.m. Tuesday, 1414 W. Sixth St.
- False alarm, 3:15 a.m. Tuesday, 1047 Mass.