Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 29-year-old Lawrence man reported an aggravated burglary and theft of a green purse and contents valued at $300, a set of golf clubs valued at $1,000 and $72 in cash. The theft occurred between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday in the 4600 block of Hearthside Drive.
- A 58-year-old Lawrence woman reported a forgery and criminal use of a Jones Store credit card totaling $1,359.96. The crime occurred between noon July 1 and 3:11 p.m. Monday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Investigation of damaged power pole, 1:23 p.m. Tuesday, 17th and New Hampshire streets.
- Fire call, canceled, 9:25 a.m. Tuesday, 1439 Tenn.
- Alarm system malfunction, 6:07 a.m. Tuesday, 935 N.H.