Law enforcement report
Someone threw a container of a possibly flammable liquid into a 1997 Mercury Sable parked Thursday night in the 1900 block of Rhode Island Street. The car belonged to an Overland Park woman. Witnesses told Lawrence Police they saw someone try to light the container before throwing it through a windshield. There was no fire, police said. Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical is investigating the incident that occurred about 11:15 p.m. Officials do not know what type of liquid was in the container.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- About 200 compact discs were taken sometime Wednesday night from an unlocked car parked in the 800 block of Maine Street. A compact disc container and faceplate also were taken. Losses were listed at $3,100. The car, a 1991 Nissan Maxima, belonged to a 21-year-old Lawrence woman.
- A front door was forced open Tuesday afternoon to a residence in the 2400 block of West 24th Street, according to a Lawrence Police report. Taken from the residence was a Sony Playstation, Playstation games, game controllers and compact discs valued at a total of $5,855. A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported the incident.
- A vacant residence in a duplex in the 1300 block of Connecticut Street was vandalized by intruders sometime Tuesday or Wednesday, Lawrence Police reported. Damage was estimated at $2,691. The burglary was reported by a 43-year-old Lawrence man. Transients are suspected in the burglary, police said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Attempted burning of a car, 11:24 p.m. Thursday, 1920 R.I.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Golden retriever, female, 6 years old.