Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Someone broke through a window Friday night or Saturday morning at a residence in the 1900 block of West 31st Street, according to a Lawrence Police report. A 20-year-old Lawrence man told police someone took paintball guns and computer equipment for losses totaling more than $3,800.
- About 250 bottles of beer were taken Friday night or Saturday morning from a cooler in a conference room at No. 1 Riverfront Plaza, according to a police report. The cooler belonged to Maceli's, 1119 Mass., which had been catering for a group at the conference room. The padlocks on the cooler had been broken.
- Douglas County Sheriff's officers are investigating a burglary at a house in the 800 section of North 1800 Road, about four miles northwest of Lawrence. Several pieces of antique furniture were taken after someone forced open a door to the unoccupied residence. A rural Douglas County man, who was watching the residence for a man living in Edgerton, Mo., discovered the burglary Wednesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 7:46 p.m. Sunday, 1821 W. 26th St.
- Smoke or odor removal, 4:58 p.m. Sunday, 619 Mass.
- Grass fire, 4:40 p.m. Sunday, 5700 W. Sixth St.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 4:40 a.m. Sunday, 1510 Sigma Nu Place.
- False call, 3:26 a.m. Sunday, 1510 Sigma Nu Place.