The victim of a Tuesday night sexual assault has decided not to prosecute, according to the Kansas University Public Safety Office. The assault occurred sometime near midnight at Jayhawker Towers apartments and was reported at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 9:10 p.m. Wednesday, 1012 Emery Road.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 8:07 p.m. Wednesday, 1012 Emery Road.
- Public service assistance, other, 3:48 p.m. Wednesday, 2124 E. 26th Terrace.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 7:09 a.m. Wednesday, 1440 Jayhawk Boulevard.
- Building fire, 1:44 a.m. Wednesday, 1219 Brooke St.
Lawrence Humane Society
Dogs brought to shelter
- Terrier, white with red spots, male, 5 months old.