Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A burglar smashed a car window and took four pieces of 22-karat jewelry between 10:45 p.m. Tuesday and 6:45 a.m. Wednesday from a home in the 900 block of Congressional Drive, according to a report. Missing are two pairs of earrings together worth $700, two necklaces, $450 in cash, a safe-deposit box key and a handbag, among other items. All belonged to a 41-year-old woman who lives at the home.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported $1,500 in cash taken between Dec. 17 and Monday from her apartment in the 1700 block of West 24th Street, according to a report.
- After being dispatched at 8 p.m. Friday to the 2400 block of Ousdahl Road on a burglary call, police apprehended a male suspect in connection with a burglary near the 2300 block of Naismith Drive. Police believe there was a second perpetrator involved but have made no additional arrests in the case.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Liquid spill, 7:52 p.m. Thursday, 2005 W. Ninth St.
- Alarm system malfunction, 4:12 p.m. Thursday, 1467 Jayhawk Blvd.