Law Enforcement Report
- A 23-year-old Lawrence man went by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital on Tuesday afternoon after a wreck on Clinton Parkway. Matthew R. Quoss was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee westbound when he struck a light pole about 3:07 p.m. near Lawrence Avenue, a police report stated. Quoss was treated and released at the hospital, and police cited him for inattentive driving, according to the report.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Vandals did about $5,000 in damage to equipment including pipes, a portable toilet, a trailer and a dump truck between 5 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday at an address in the 1500 block of George Williams Way, according to a report. About $500 worth of tools disappeared from the scene. The items belonged to Anderson Rentals and Highland Construction Inc., according to a report.
- Natalie Gump, 77, who was injured Nov. 13 in a two-vehicle head-on collision near Midland Junction, has been in serious condition this week at University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kan. A nursing supervisor couldn't be reached late Thursday night for a condition update.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Dispatched fire incident and canceled en route, 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Fire in mobile home, 5:39 a.m. Wednesday, 100 Ark.
- Dispatched fire incident and canceled en route, 1:47 a.m. Wednesday, 2400 Kresge Road.