Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 4:01 p.m. Thursday, 1602 W. 15th St.
- Shorted electrical equipment, 1:51 p.m. Thursday, 3424 Chance Lane.
- Trash bin fire, 9:28 a.m. Thursday, 4709 McCormick St.
- Fire call, canceled, 8:20 a.m. Thursday, 2216 Killarney Court.
- Smoke alarm malfunction, 4:58 a.m. Thursday, 1445 Jayhawk Blvd.
- False alarm, 4:52 a.m. Thursday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Vehicle fire, 12:21 a.m. Thursday, 607 W. 27th Place.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
- Labrador retriever, yellow, female, 3 to 4 years old.
- Boxer, tan, female, 3 to 5 years old.
- Husky mix, black and white, male, 1 to 2 years old.
- Rat terrier mix, tri-color, male, 1 to 2 years old.
- Boxer, brindle, male, 11 years old.
- Australian shepherd mix, brown and white, female, 1 to 2 years old.
- Labrador retriever mix, black, male, 9 months old.
- Spaniel mix, white and black, male, 3 years old.
- Shepherd mix, black, female, 8 to 10 years old.