- Someone reportedly ransacked a home in the 1700 section of East 800 Road Wednesday night. A woman who lives there returned from church about 9 p.m. and found furniture overturned and personal property scattered about, a Douglas County Sheriff's Office report said. In addition, light bulbs were shattered in a shed on the property. It was not determined if anything was taken.
- A 1997 Plymouth Neon was broken into sometime Monday night or early Tuesday morning while it was parked in the 2300 block of Wakarusa Drive, a Lawrence Police report said. Taken were a stereo amplifier, speakers and 25 compact discs. Total losses and damage were listed at $1,075.
- Three vehicles were damaged sometime Saturday night by someone throwing rocks over a fence onto the property of Hite Collision Repair, 3401 W. Sixth Street. A 2000 Ford Mustang sustained $1,500 damage. A 1992 Ford Explorer and a 1996 Mustang sustained $800 damage each.
- Lawrence Police Wednesday night arrested a Lawrence man after a downtown scuffle. The man and his girlfriend were involved in a dispute near Ninth and Massachusetts streets, Lawrence Police said. When the woman tried to run away, she fell down, and her boyfriend tried to keep her from leaving. A third man intervened, and a fight ensued. Police arrested the boyfriend, a Lawrence resident, for disorderly conduct.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fireworks in an elevator, 3:03 a.m. Thursday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 9:03 p.m. Wednesday, 424 Forrest.
- Gasoline or other flammable liquid spill, 7:05 p.m. Wednesday, 1420 Kasold Drive.
- Gasoline spill, 3:46 p.m. Wednesday, 420 W. 11th St.
- Good intent call, 10:08 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 Mass.
- Electrical problem, 7:23 a.m. Wednesday, 753 Lyon.
- Medical emergency, 4:29 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:24 a.m. Thursday, 1800 block of Indian Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 2:39 a.m. Thursday, 1300 block of West 24th Street.
- Medical emergency, 11:03 p.m. Wednesday, 3600 block of East 25th Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:58 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Harper Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:06 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:04 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Medical emergency, 9:05 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of Vermont Street.
- Medical emergency, 6:31 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Iowa Street.
- Medical emergency, 4:25 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of Maple Street.
- Medical emergency, 4:19 p.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of Jonathan Drive.
- Medical emergency, 3:59 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Locust Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:20 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:54 p.m. Wednesday, 800 block of Walnut Street.
- Medical assist, 2:05 p.m. Wednesday, 2800 block of Stone Barn Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 1:19 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of Maple Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:57 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of Trail Court.
- Medical emergency, 9:39 a.m. Wednesday, 2600 block of West 25th Street.
- Medical emergency, 7:50 a.m. Wednesday, 600 block of Bently Drive.
Lawrence Humane Society
- Pekingese, brown with black shading, leather collar, female, 5 to 6 years old.