That's Racin' ranks the top Winston Cup race teams based on performance and potential:
1. Jeff Gordon (car No. 24): He keeps telling us it isn't over, and he's right. Steve Park's misfortune is proof of that. Last week: 1.
2. Ricky Rudd (car No. 28): All he can do is do his best every week and hope Gordon starts coming back to him. Last week: 2.
3. Tony Stewart (car No. 20): About time for his usual late-season surge. He's just 20 points out of third right now. Last week: 3.
4. Kevin Harvick (car No. 29): Lately he can't seem to keep from rubbing people the wrong way on and off the track. Last week: 4.
5. Sterling Marlin (car No. 40): He's right about late-race red flags, you know. They really are a recipe for disaster. Last week: 6.
6. Bobby Labonte (car No. 18): Quietly climbing his way up the points standings. He's now just 93 out of the top five. Last week: 10.
7. Dale Jarrett (car No. 88): Free falling. Really no other way to say it. This team just can't stop the bleeding. Last week: 5.
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (car No. 8): No. 8 car was the featured attraction in several crash replays during Darlington race. Last week: 7.
9. Rusty Wallace (car No. 2): Short-track trip to Richmond gives team a chance to show it still has some zip left. Last week: 8.
10. Ward Burton (car No. 22): Had it not been for rain last year, he may now be a two-time Southern 500 champion. Last week: 18.