Advertisement

Archive for Friday, October 26, 2001

Trash fire leads to evacuation of Naismith Hall

October 26, 2001

Advertisement

A trash fire in a fifth floor stairwell at Naismith Hall forced the evacuation of Kansas University students shortly after 4 a.m. Friday.

Students who live in the privately owned residence hall at 19th Street and Naismith Drive were sent across the street to KU's Oliver Hall while fire crews searched the building and cleared the smoke from the upper floors.

Naismith residents were allowed back in their rooms at 5:19 a.m. Friday.


  • For more information, tune in to 6News at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Sunflower Broadband's Channel 6 or on Headline News Lawrence Edition on Channel 16 at :54 past the hour.
  • You can also find further updates by picking up a copy of tomorrow's Journal-World.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.