- Approve all claims.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses for: Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass.; Red Lyon Tavern, 944 Mass.; Panda Garden, 1500 W. Sixth St.; KoKoRo Japanese Sushi & Steakhouse, 601 Kasold Dr., D-102-103.
Bid and purchase items:
- Approve change order in the amount of $22,964 for the southeast sanitary sewer pump station project with Garney Construction.
- Award milling, overlay and pavement marking project for 23rd Street, Iowa to Kentucky Court; and Iowa, 31st to 33rd streets, to LRM Industries Inc. in the amount of $485,135.
- Award bid for the Lawrence Public Library automatic door project to the low bidder, Kennedy Glass, for $33,963.
Adopt on first reading the following ordinances:
- Amending the comprehensive land-use plan Horizon 2020, by adopting a text amendment pertaining to health services.
- Amending Horizon 2020 by updating population projections.
- Annexing approximately 3.2 acres of city-owned property adjacent to the city's wastewater treatment plant.
- Amending the city's sign code and sign enforcement laws.
- Adopting stormwater pollution prevention regulations.
- Rezoning 3.5 acres from planned office development to planned residential development. The property is located northeast of the intersection of Folks Road and Overland Drive, north of Heritage Baptist Church.
- Rezoning 0.52 acre from residence-office district to office district. The property is located on the northwest corner of East 19th Street and Haskell Avenue.
Adopt on second and final reading the following ordinances:
- Allowing for the towing of vehicles illegally parked in tow-away zones.
- Establishing a "No Parking" zone along the north side of Freedom Creek Drive.
- Allowing parking along the west side of Inverness Drive between Anthony Michael Drive and Cedar Ridge Court; and along the east/north side of Inverness Drive between Oak Tree Drive and Williamsburg Place.
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the mayor to sign the application for the 2001 Emergency Shelter Grant from the city to the state.
- Declare the following city property in the Public Works department to be surplus: two pickup trucks to be used by Bert Nash YESS program and one motor grader to be sold at auction.
- City manager's report
- Consider adoption on second reading of ordinances annexing and rezoning 5.61 acres northeast of North Seventh Street and North Street from agricultural to single-family residential district.
- Consider approval of final plat of Bismarck Gardens Subdivision No. 2, a 34-lot and one-tract, single-family residential subdivision containing approximately 11.077 acres. The property is located north and south of North Street, between North Seventh and North Eighth streets. Submitted by The Peridian Group for John M. Chaney of JMC Construction, property owner of record.
- Conduct public hearing on proposed state grant funds for public transit system.
- Receive staff report concerning the relocation of the city's downtown transit transfer point.
- Receive staff report concerning possible purchase of city code/complaint tracking system.
- Receive staff report concerning proposed amendments to the city's street tree ordinance requirements.
- Receive staff report on airport improvement projects.