- Two men each grabbed an armful of shorts and shirts in Kohl's Department Store, 3240 Iowa, Tuesday night and then walked out, Lawrence Police said. An officer, alerted to the theft and the car the suspects were in, stopped the car later at the intersection of U.S. Highway 40 and East 818 Road, police said. The two men suspected of taking the clothes and another man driving the car were arrested. Charges are pending, and no other details were available.
- A 57-year-old Lawrence woman told police several items valued at more than $7,000 were stolen from her car Monday night while it was parked in the 1400 block of Kasold Drive. Among the stolen items are $450 in cash, a diamond ring, a gold and diamond bracelet, and a camera. The woman told police she wasn't sure if she locked the car.
- A 32-year-old Lawrence man told police his car was stolen between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday from the 2100 block of W. 26th Street. The 1986 black Toyota Celica, worth $5,000, was recovered Wednesday. Two Muchi Click pool cues valued at $100 each were recovered also.
- Police are investigating the reported theft of $617.17 in cash from Hardee's at 2030 W. 23rd Street. Police reports indicate the money was stolen between 9:35 p.m. July 6 and 1:50 p.m. July 7.
- Someone slashed tires sometime Monday night on vehicles and heavy equipment parked at Midway Wholesale, 2711 Ore. Lawrence Police said. Damage was estimated at $7,600.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 5:17 a.m. Wednesday, 2330 Packer Road.
- False alarm, 6:10 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 Mass.
- False alarm, 4:33 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 Mass.
- Assist an invalid, 2:16 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 Mass.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 1:31 a.m. Wednesday, 1301 Hoch Auditoria Drive.
- Smoke scare, 10:05 p.m. Tuesday, 305 Settlers Drive.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 7:19 p.m. 1603 W. 15th St.
- Sprinkler activation, no fire, 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Kresge Road.
- Unauthorized burning, 2:44 p.m. Tuesday, 1735 Learnard Ave.
- Gas leak, 8:47 a.m. Tuesday, 1201 Oread Ave.
- Good intent call, 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, 308 E. Ninth St.
- Medical emergency, 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of West 24th Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:15 a.m. Wednesday, 800 block of North 750 Road.
- Medical emergency, 1:27 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Parkside Drive.
- Medical emergency, 8:22 p.m. Tuesday, 1473 Road and U.S. Highway 40.
- Medical emergency, 8:14 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:47 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of Riverfront Plaza.
- Medical emergency, 2:24 p.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of West 27th Street.
- Medical emergency, 1:34 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 11:46 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Monterey Way.
- Medical emergency, 11:33 a.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Lindenwood Lane.
- Vehicle accident, 9:20 a.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Louisiana Street.
- Medical emergency, 9:13 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Inverness Drive.
- Medical emergency, 8:24 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Vehicle accident, 8:38 a.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of East 23rd Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:11 a.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Crestline Court.
- Medical emergency, 7:55 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of West 15th Street.