- A 25-year-old Lawrence man reported that 200 compact discs were stolen from his vehicle between 5 a.m. and noon Wednesday in the 2100 block of West 31st Street, a Lawrence Police report said. The CDs were valued at $3,000. Damage to the vehicle's passenger-side window was listed at $150.
- Police are investigating the theft of a white 1999 GMC Safari van valued at $20,000. The van was stolen between 5:30 p.m. June 30 and 7 a.m. July 1 from Scott Temperature Equipment Co. Inc., 815 Bullene Ave. A chainsaw and other items, valued at $8,174, also were stolen.
- A 29-year-old Lawrence man reported that his purple 1993 Ford Ranger pickup and $1,000 cash were stolen between 2 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Thursday from the 400 block of East 14th Street. The vehicle was valued at $6,500.
- Jacquelyn Stineman, Lawrence, remained in critical condition Saturday at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was taken there June 23 by air ambulance after a one-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 56 west of Baldwin.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Assist invalid, 12:01 a.m. Saturday, 101 Bristol Terrace.
- Alarm malfunction, 11:29 p.m. Friday, 4600 Turnberry Drive.
- Boiler malfunction, 4:16 p.m. Friday, 905 Ct.
- Carbon monoxide detector malfunction, 2:22 p.m. Friday, 1008 Biltmore Drive.
- Vehicle fire, 1:59 p.m. Friday, 4900 W. Sixth St.
- Carbon monoxide detector malfunction, 1:51 p.m. Friday, 3316 Sherwood Drive.
- Vehicle fire, 1:18 p.m. Friday, 4900 W. Sixth St.
- Unintentional transmission of alarm, 12:23 p.m. Friday, 1 Riverfront Plaza St.
- Brush fire, 11:44 a.m. Friday, 2511 W. 31st St.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 3:41 a.m. Friday, 1440 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Medical emergency, 2:50 a.m. Saturday, 300 block of Maine Street
- Medical emergency, 1:23 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Medical emergency, 12:04 a.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Brandon Woods Drive.
- Medical emergency, 10:18 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of Harper Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:25 p.m. Friday, 700 block of Kentucky Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:15 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Main Street, Eudora.
- Vehicle/pedestrian accident, 7:43 p.m. Friday, 100 block of East 11th Street.
- Vehicle/pedestrian accident, 7:36 p.m. Friday, 600 block of New Hampshire Street.
- Medical emergency, 6:31 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Ames Street, Baldwin.
- Injury accident, 5:44 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Highway 56, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 4:08 p.m. Friday, 1 Riverfront Plaza Street.
- Medical emergency, 1:06 p.m. Friday, 800 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Injury accident, 12:35 p.m. Friday, 2300 block of Iowa Street.
- Medical emergency, 12:12 p.m. Friday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Injury accident, 12:10 p.m. Friday, 3300 block of West 25th Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:51 a.m. Friday, 1900 block of East 400 Road, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, 8:40 a.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:38 a.m. Friday, 800 block of North Seventh Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:35 a.m. Friday, 100 block of West Sixth Street.