- Police are investigating an automobile theft that occurred between 1 p.m. June 30 and 10:30 a.m. July 1. A 42-year-old man reported his white 1989 Eagle Premier stolen from the 1900 block of E. 19 E-14. The keys were left in the car and the windows were rolled down. The car was worth an estimated $1,000.
- Police are investigating a string of burglaries and thefts that all occurred in the 200 block of Woodgate Place. A 49-year-old Lawrence man reported that his Craftsman lawn mower and trimmer -- valued at $290 -- were stolen from his residence between 11 p.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday, a police report said. A 37-year-old Lawrence man's Nikon binoculars, pair of pliers and flashlight were stolen from his vehicle between 7:30 p.m. Monday and 6:15 a.m. Tuesday. The loss was listed at $195. A 47-year-old Lawrence woman reported that miscellaneous audio tapes -- valued at $150 -- were stolen from her vehicle between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. Tuesday. She also reported $100 damage to her vehicle's console.
- Police are investigating the theft of a 2500-watt Ford aluminum generator owned by Zaraco Inc., 718 E. 1300 Road. The generator -- valued at $1,500 -- was stolen between 1 p.m. Thursday and 1:30 p.m. Monday from the 800 block of Walnut Street. Damage to an aluminum door during the burglary was listed at $30.
- A 32-year-old Lawrence woman reported that her 1989 Ford Taurus was stolen between 6:45 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. Saturday from the 1600 block of Haskell Avenue. A police report listed the car's value at $2,800.
- Police are investigating the theft of $480 cash from Einstein Bros. Bagels, 3514 Clinton Parkway. The theft occurred between 6 a.m. and noon Saturday.
- Police are investigating the theft of seven video tapes from Blockbuster Video, 1516 W. 23rd St. The tapes, which were stolen between 4:20 p.m. and 4:35 p.m. Sunday, were valued at $700.
- Police are investigating the theft of a 1996 U-Haul trailer from the U-Haul store at 540 Kasold Drive. The trailer was stolen at 3:40 p.m. May 22. A police report listed the loss at $2,550.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence male reported that 300 compact discs, valued at $4,500, were stolen between 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday from the 1500 block of E. 28th Terrace.
- A small grass fire broke out at 2:29 p.m. Tuesday at 1293 E. 1400 Road but was out by the time Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical arrived. The incident was attributed to fireworks.
- A rotweiler at large in Lawrence attacked a 46-year-old disabled Lawrence resident on the sidewalk, biting her left forearm.
- Lawrence police responded to a call about a dangerous dog June 21. Two Black lab-pitbull mixes from the 1500 block of Harper growled, showed their teeth and bit a 69-year-old Lawrence man's boot. Police said it was the dog's third attack.
- Police on June 22 received a call about the presence of a prohibited wolf-dog hybrid in Lawrence. The owners at 506 Riverbend Circle were contacted, issued a citation and told to relocate the animal within two weeks.
- A black and white shepherd mix was placed in quarantine after it bit a 13-year-old on the leg June 22 at 1601 Cadet Ave.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Good intent call, 11:39 p.m. Monday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Good intent call, 9:01 p.m. Monday, 2201 Harper.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 8:39 p.m. Monday, 2411 Louisiana.
- False alarm, 5:42 p.m. Monday, 634 Mass.
- Natural gas leak, 2 p.m. Monday, 1600 E. 28th Terrace.
- Building fire, 1:56 p.m. Monday, 1313 Haskell Ave.
- Medical emergency, 3:51 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of Iowa Street.
- Medical emergency, 11:07 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of East 25th St.
- Medical emergency, 10:29 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Maple Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:23 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of Vermont Street.
- Vehicle accident, 9:51 p.m. Tuesday, 3100 block of Iowa Street.
- Medical emergency, 9:28 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of East 25th Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 8:12 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:19 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:56 p.m. Tuesday, 3500 block of Clinton Place.
- Medical emergency, 2:53 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:40 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Maple Street, Eudora.
- Vehicle accident, 2:45 p.m. Tuesday, 3300 block of Iowa Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:40 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of North Street.
- Medical emergency, 1:14 p.m. Tuesday, 3500 block of Clinton Place.
- Medical emergency, 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Ohio Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:37 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Medical emergency, 8:25 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.