- Approve all claims.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses for the following businesses: La Tropicana, 434 Locust St.; Shenago Lounge, 2907 W. Sixth St.; J.B. Stout's, 721 Wakarusa Drive; Free State Brewery, 636 Mass.; Set 'Em Up Jacks, 1800 E. 23rd St.; Mariscos, 8421 W. Sixth St.; and Henry's on Henry Street, 11 E. Eighth St.
- Approve the following mayoral appointments: Don Johnston, Dwayne Peaslee, Sue Pine, Randi Tveitaraas, Mike Maddox and Bob Walters to the Lawrence-Douglas County Economic Development Board; and Mary Boyden, Donna Swall and Frank Day to the Lawrence-Douglas County Council on Aging.
Approve the following bids:
- $9,950 for the roofing of the Forestry Building, 1110 Haskell Ave., for the Parks and Recreation Department to the low bidder, Mid West Coating.
- $47,900 for purchase of equipment for the new indoor aquatic center to Splashtacular Inc.
Adopt on first reading the following ordinances:
- Amend the city code concerning pretreatment regulations for the city's sanitary sewer utility.
- Rezone 3.205 acres from single-family residence to planned residential development subject to approval of a preliminary development plan for Delaware Commons.
- Declare Louisiana Street, from 17th Street south to the city boundaries, a main trafficway. The designation is necessary to allow for debt financing of Louisiana Street traffic calming projects.
Adopt on second and final reading the following ordinances:
- Change the name of Red Cedar Court in Stonegate Townhomes Addition to Firefly Court.
- Ban daytime weekday parking along the west side of Raintree Place from University Drive to Valley Lane.
Adopt the following resolutions:
- Declare 1102 E. 13th St. environmentally blighted, allowing the property owner 20 days to abate the violations. Should the owner fail to remove the violations, the city would contract the clean-up.
- Authorize $350,000 in general obligation bond authority for the first phase of Louisiana Street traffic calming projects. Also, authorize the city manager to execute contract with EBH & Associates for this engineering work, in the amount of $21,381.
- Authorize $1,750,000 in general obligation bond authority for the construction of Fire Station No. 2 on Harper Street.
- Make certain findings for the creation of a benefit district for sanitary sewer improvements in the Westwood neighborhood, northeast of 15th and Iowa streets.
- Establish the benefit district for sanitary sewer improvements in the Westwood neighborhood.
- Approve the site plan for an addition to Douglas County Public Works Shop; 711 E. 23rd St.
- Accept dedication of easements and rights-of-way for Wood Addition, a one-lot commercial subdivision containing approximately 0.253 acre at the junction of North Second and North Third Streets.
- Approve annexation of 50.759 acres of city property located west and north of the intersection of Kasold Drive and West 31st Street.
- Authorize mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Rebecca Stakes, 431 Elm St.
- Authorize city manager to execute agreement with Airport Development Group in the amount of $75,000 for airport environmental assessment. The Federal Aviation Administration provides 90 percent of the funding.
- Authorize city manager to execute agreement with BG Consultants for 2001 waterline improvement engineering design project.
- Concur with staff recommendation to decline further proceedings regarding the request to make Pikes Peek Place a public street.
- Approve amendment to city's budget billing program for utility customers as recommended by city staff.
- Approve naming of city-owned property south of 27th Street, recently donated by John McGrew, the Pat Dawson Billings Nature Area.
- Authorize city manager to execute contract with The Peridian Group for the engineering design of Inverness Drive, from 24th Place to 27th Street, for $80,000.
- Authorize city manager to execute contract with The Peridian Group for the engineering design of the box culvert reconstruction at Crossgate Drive and 27th Street for $75,000.
- City manager's report.
- Receive request from Grand LLC for temporary building permits for the Grand subdivision near 31st Street and Kasold Drive.
- Receive information concerning proposed geometric improvements at Kansas Highway 10 and East Hills Drive.
- Receive letter from Lawrence Association of Neighborhoods and staff report concerning gas franchise fee payments.
- Review the language of proposed ordinances that would limit the number of unrelated people living in houses in single-family neighborhoods, and would force landlords to register their properties.