- Review and approve minutes of the following boards and commissions: Lawrence City Commission meeting of Aug. 21; Traffic Safety Commission meeting of Aug. 6; Neighborhood Resources Advisory Committee meeting of Aug. 9; Economic Development Board meeting of July 19; Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting of July 17; Recycling and Resource Conservation Advisory Board meeting of July 11.
- Approve all claims.
Bid and purchase items:
- Set bid date of Sept. 11 for milling, overlay and curb repair project for Lawrence Avenue, Sixth to Homestead, and Alvamar Drive.
- Award geometric improvements project on 22nd and Kasold to Meadows Construction Co. in the amount of $115,490.
- Award sewer and waterline improvements at the Public Works Sanitary Facility to McLouth Excavation Co. Inc. in the amount of $63,783.
- Authorize purchase of pedestrian walk/don't walk inserts from Gades Sales Co. of Wichita for $23,160.
- Adopt on first reading and ordinance rezoning property generally located at 409 E. 12th St. from single-family residence to inner neighborhood commercial district.
Receive Order of the Board of County Commissioners approving the annexation of property along the West Sixth Street corridor. Adopt on first reading the following ordinances (additional ordinances for additional tracts will follow in the coming weeks.
- Annexing approximately 13.81 acres on the northwest corner of West Sixth Street and Wakarusa Drive.
- Annexing of approximately 18.71 acres west of West Sixth Street and Wakarusa.
- Annexing approximately 17.05 acres west of West Sixth Street and Wakarusa.
- Annexing approximately 15.1 acres east of East 1000 Road.
Adopt on second and final reading the following ordinances:
- Adopting zoning code text amendments establishing the Urban Conservation Overlay District.
- Establishing the downtown Lawrence zoning overlay district. Adopt Administrative Policy referencing the Downtown Design Guidelines.
- Authorizing the execution of a loan agreement for the purpose of obtaining a loan from the Kansas Public Water Supply loan fund for the purpose of financing a public water supply project.
Approve the following site plans subject to conditions:
- Site plan for the expansion of an existing parking lot for Enterprise Rent-A-Car located at 1717 W. Sixth St.
- Site plan for an industrial building to be located on the southwest corner of Haskell Avenue and LaSalle Avenue.
- Receive petition for public improvements for the construction of George Williams Way south of West 15th Street; adopt Resolution No. 6330, establishing the benefit district for this improvement.
- Accept dedication of right-of-way for the western half of Research Park Drive south of West 15th Street. Dedication has been reviewed and approved by Public Works and Planning Department.
- Approve unanimous recommendation from the Traffic Safety Commission to deny the request to establish no-parking zone along the south side of Fourth Street between Alabama Street and Maine Street.
- Approve unanimous recommendation from the Traffic Safety Commission to establish no-parking zone along the south side of Moundview Drive between Rockledge Road and Century Drive.
- Approve unanimous recommendation from the Traffic Safety Commission to deny the request to establish additional no-parking zone along the east side of Connecticut Street adjacent to 13th Street.
- Approve unanimous recommendation from the Traffic Safety Commission to deny the request to establish traffic control at the intersection of Overland Drive and Sierra Drive.
- Authorize city manager to execute engineering design contract with Terra Technologies for stormwater improvements project at 15th Street and Lawrence Avenue in the amount of $47,601. This project will be funded for the stormwater fund as a discretionary project.
- Authorize city manager to execute engineering design contract with TranSystems Corporation for Barker Neighborhood Traffic Calming Improvements in the amount of $71,861.
- Authorize city manager to execute supplemental agreement with Hamm's Asphalt Inc. for taxiway improvements at the Lawrence Municipal Airport, in the amount of $781,825.
- Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Fran Hewitt, 408 Lincoln.
- City manager's report.
- Receive letter from Lawrence Arts Commission in support of Lawrence Roundtable for Arts request that the next PerCent for Art project recognize Langston Hughes.
- Receive staff report on status of public transit bus shelters.
- Discussion of the proposed improvements to Florida Street, between Sixth and Seventh streets.
- Receive staff report on proposed request for tenant proposals for the former DreamWings hangar at the Lawrence Municipal Airport.
- Conduct public hearing on proposed vacation of utility easement at 3441 and 3443 Morning Dove Circle.