- Proclaim May 6-12 as "Drinking Water Week."
- Proclaim May as "Foster Care Month."
- Proclaim May as "Mental Health Month."
- Proclaim May as "Huntington's Disease Awareness Month."
- Proclaim May as "Better Speech and Hearing Month" and May 5 as "A Day of Hearing Screening."
- Review and approve minutes of the following board meetings: Lawrence City Commission meeting of April 24; Public Transit Advisory Committee meeting of April 17; Grant Review Board meeting of April 17; and Neighborhood Resources Advisory Committee meeting of April 12.
- Approve all claims.
- Adopt on first reading an ordinance annexing 20.259 acres generally located east of Queens Road south of Wakarusa Drive (extended).
- Adopt on final reading an ordinance allowing possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on Saturday, May 12, at Broken Arrow Park for the third annual Sertoma Club BBQ Cook off.
Adopt the following Resolutions:
- Ordering the repair of sidewalk at approximately 2710-2712 University Drive; requiring property owner to pay for repair.
- Declaring the 1200 block of Sunchase environmentally blighted. This will allow the owner 20 days to abate or the city will contract to clean the lot of debris.
- Authorizing the mayor to sign release of mortgage for Bryan and Jennifer Urish, 1057 E. Home Circle; and Daniel and Maura L. Hellyer, 1535 R.I.
- Set bid-opening date of May 22 for Department of Neighborhood Resources rehabilitation projects at the following addresses: 443 Ark.; 1614 E. 18th Terrace; 1538 Del.; and 847 Rockledge Road.
- Authorize mayor to execute petition to the Douglas County Commission seeking approval of the proposed annexation of West Sixth Street corridor property.
- Authorize endorsement of Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City application for Kansas Department of Commerce & Housing community service program tax credit program.
- Receive letter requesting formation of a benefit district for Wakarusa Drive from Sixth Street to Queens Road; refer to staff for report.
- City manager's report
- Receive staff report concerning proposed city statement at the redistricting hearing on May 16.
- Receive environmental 2000 purchasing annual report.
- Receive request to execute a Historic Preservation Fund Grant agreement to develop a Comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan for the city of Lawrence, in the amount of $28,000. The Historic Preservation Fund Grant is administered by the Kansas State Historical Society.
- Approve commission assignments on various committees for April 2001 to March 2002.