The following projects will affect traffic this week in Lawrence.
1. Massachusetts Street from 19th to 23rd: One lane of northbound traffic closed for water line installation.
2. Kasold from Sixth to Trail Road: Periodic closing for milling, curb repair and overlay.
3. 23rd Street between Massachusetts and Vermont: Waterline installation will close two lanes of traffic from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
4. Sixth and Iowa streets: One lane of eastbound traffic will be closed from Bluffs Drive to Iowa Street to allow a storm sewer upgrade.
5. Vermont Street between 11th and 12th: Curb repair could mean delays.
6. 23rd and Alabama streets: Traffic signal upgrade will close Alabama north of the intersection.
7. Clinton Parkway, Lawrence to Hartford avenues: Curb repair could mean delays.
8. Maine Street, Fifth to Sixth streets: Milling, curb repair and overlay will mean periodic closing.
9. Lawrence Avenue from Sixth to Ninth streets: Periodic closing for milling, curb repair and overlay.
10. North Iowa Street from Packer Road to River Ridge Road: Curb repair will close one lane to traffic.
11. Michigan Street from Seventh to Ninth streets: Closed to rebuild the street.
12. North Second Street from Lyon to North streets: southbound lane closed for storm sewer repair.
Other: Two bridges on the South Lawrence Trafficway are being prepared for an overlay. Cars are being detoured around the bridge over Clinton Parkway and are constricted to one lane at the bridge over Yankee Tank Creek. By the end of the week, the trafficway bridge over Interstate 70 will be restricted to one lane for similar work.