For Monday, July 24
Those with birthdays today: Your charisma and hard work create many opportunities. Bosses acknowledge you for a job well done. You gain professionally. Get involved in your community. Network and broaden your circle of friends. New faces often seem illusive yet exciting. Learn that you don't immediately have to know everything about everyone. If you are single, date someone before you decide that he is the love of your life. If attached, you'll get along better if you decide to work on a long-term desire together. TAURUS makes demands.
The Stars Show the Kind of Day You'll Have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
ARIES (March 21-April 19)
- ** Question how you might change a friendship that costs in many ways. Ask yourself exactly what you get from this person. You come up with unusual solutions when you're under the gun. A child or new friend distracts you. Take a break and visit with a friend or two. Tonight: Round up your bills.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20)
- *** Put your best foot forward. You might not get the response you seek from others, but don't think that your efforts go unnoticed. Bosses push, but they have not a clue what their demands entail. Family members mean well, but they also tear you away from work. Tonight: Finally, do your own thing.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20)
- * Don't put more energy into changing a situation or another's lack of response than you need to. Others make many demands. Recognize limits -- yours and others'. Pull back and think before you make a decision. Don't stand on ceremony. Give someone a chance. Tonight: Cocoon.
CANCER (June 21-July 22)
- *** Concentrate on your long-term goals. Brainstorm, especially with a partner who can be vague. Clarify. New ideas come out. Schedule meetings, make calls and seek others' backing. Give your budget a break. Don't keep raiding your funds. Tonight: Where your friends are.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22)
- ** Direct your strong personality and energy. Emphasize work and responsibilities. Questions from others seem vague and not helpful. Understand the intent behind the words. Explore and help another find the real issue. Someone responds. Tonight: Burn the midnight oil.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- *** Expand your mind and seek out other sources of information. Your sources range from experts to the Web and go as far as your imagination can carry you. Don't limit your mind. Examine preconceived rules. Take time to mull over ideas. Tonight: Keep exploring.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- *** Listen to another's strong point of view, be it about money or relationships. Agreement might not be necessary, but a vote of appreciation helps affirm this person. A meeting goes haywire as a personal relationship plays into what's happening. Tonight: Be with your best friend.
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- ** Juggle different demands with your customary efficiency and clarity. A boss's expectations cannot be ignored any longer. You must perform to your best. Vagueness surrounds family and plans. Be smart and don't say no to another. Include this person in your thinking. Tonight: Go along with plans.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- ** Concentrate on work, even though distractions are plentiful. Unconsciously, you might screen another's words, hearing only what you choose. As a result, confusion reigns. Stop and listen. Your resourcefulness blossoms anyway, as you are so much in your head. Tonight: Clear your desk.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- *** Count on your ingenuity and creativity. You come up with solutions to financial issues that others see as a stroke of genius. Don't push another away when he doesn't agree with you. Remain your solid, enduring self, even if you get a bit of flak. Tonight: Whoop it up.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- ** Your confusion triggers others' reactions. Your ability to see the big picture allows better decision making. Verbalizing a concept now proves to be challenging and perhaps not even possible. Allow your mind to roam. A partner becomes testy. Tonight: Relax in your favorite chair.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20)
- *** You might be clear, but others aren't. You might have to sit back and think carefully about another's statements. What sounds like gibberish isn't. You just need a decoder. Keep asking questions and listen carefully. Illuminate work with your ideas. Tonight: Buy flowers on the way home.