Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 28-year-old Lawrence woman reported Saturday that her car was stolen from her home in the 1000 block of Natalie Drive. The woman reported her teal, two-door 1996 Toyota Camry LE was stolen between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The car was valued at $11,300 and four other items in it were valued at $1,415.
- A 24-year-old Lawrence man was arrested Sunday morning after what police described as a domestic incident. Officers first responded to the suspect's home in the 1600 block of Northwood Drive after receiving reports of gunfire Saturday night after 10 p.m. On further investigation, police officials said, the man was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault, domestic battery, criminal damage to property and unlawful discharge of a firearm about 6:30 a.m. Sunday. He remained in the Douglas County Jail Sunday night in lieu of $350 bail.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire/explosion, not classified, 2:36 a.m. Sunday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- Smoke scare, 11:34 p.m. Saturday, 1308 Vt.
- Malicious false call, 3:37 p.m. Saturday, 4700 Overland Drive.
- Medical emergency, 2:06 a.m. Sunday, 200 block of Mount Hope Court.
- Medical emergency, 1:12 a.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Marvonne Road.
- Injury accident, 1:03 a.m. Sunday, 1500 section of North 300 Road, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 9:05 p.m. Saturday, Riverfront Road.
- Medical emergency, 6:50 p.m. Saturday, 4600 block of West Sixth Street.
- Sports accident, 5:22 p.m. Saturday, 5100 block of Speicher Road.
- Injury accident, 3:37 p.m. Saturday, 2300 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 11:27 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of West 10th Street, Eudora.
- Injury accident, 10:34 a.m. Saturday, 2500 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 9:20 a.m. Saturday, 1700 block of Kent Terrace.