Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 39-year-old woman reported the theft of two television sets and other items, valued at $1,007, between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 15 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 16 from the 2200 block of Saint James Court.
- The Kansas Highway Patrol Wednesday night was investigating a three-car accident that occurred about 6 p.m. on U.S. Highway 56 at 1600 E. County Road in southern Douglas County. Kyle Oswald, 27, of Manhattan, Timothy Baltzell, 33, of Baldwin, and Amy Anderson, 24, of Baldwin all were transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where they were treated and released.
- Michael McGuire, 20, Osage County, was listed in good condition Wednesday at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. He was injured in a motorcycle accident July 28 east of Ottawa.
- Deborah K. Chambers, 50, Lawrence, was listed in critical condition Wednesday at Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. She was transported there by helicopter after a two-vehicle accident July 29 on Kansas Highway 10 east of Lawrence.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Good intent call, 11:21 p.m. Tuesday, 2108 Crossgate Circle.
- Vehicle fire, 9:55 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 W. 27th St.
- Hazardous conditions standby, 8:42 p.m. Tuesday, 2010 R.I.
- Unintentional, 7:50 p.m. Tuesday, 1630 Oxford Road.
- False call, 5:41 p.m. Tuesday, 200 W. 19th St.
- Electrical short, 5:11 p.m. Tuesday, 1124 Randall Rd.
- System malfunction, 1:11 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 Mass.
- Vehicle fire, noon Tuesday, 400 W. 19th St.
- Vehicle fire, 10:52 a.m. Tuesday, 1261 Oread Ave.
- Assault -- no help needed, 2:41 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Ash Street in Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 12:53 a.m. Wednesday, 2000 block of Ousdahl Road.
- Medical emergency -- no help needed, 11:35 p.m. Tuesday, 3200 block of Peterson Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:10 p.m. Tuesday, 3200 block of Peterson road.
- Injury accident, 6:33 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of U.S. Highway 40.
- Medical emergency, 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, 2200 block of Yale Road.
- Nonemergency transfer, 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency -- no help needed, 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Medical emergency, 2 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 1:51 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of North 1400 Road.
- Medical emergency, 1:47 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Nonemergency transfer, 11:59 a.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of West 31st Street.
- Medical emergency, 10:29 a.m. Tuesday, 3400 block of West Eighth Street.
- Nonemergency transfer, 9:16 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine Street.
- Injury accident, 7:59 a.m. Tuesday, 0 block of East Sixth Street.
- Injury accident, 7:34 a.m. Tuesday, 600 block of U.S. Highway 40.