J-W Staff Reports
Alumni return to the Kansas University campus this weekend to renew their ties with their alma mater.
The class of 1950 -- the first to walk down the hill to its graduation ceremony -- will celebrate its 50th reunion.
Former Kansas Gov. Robert F. Bennett of Overland Park and Richard N. Bibler, a cartoonist for the University Daily Kansan in 1950 who now lives Monterey, Calif., will be among those attending the events during the annual alumni reunion weekend at KU.
A class of 1950 alumni banquet will take place today at the Adams Alumni Center, 1266 Oread. The banquet is open only to alumni from 1950. Its time was unavailable Thursday.
Events planned for Saturday include:
- A commemorative service for former Chancellor Ray Nichols at 9 a.m. on Campanile hill.
- An open house from 9:30 a.m. to noon at the School of Law.
- A gold pin luncheon at 12:30 p.m. in the Kansas Union ballroom.
- An observance of the 100th anniversary of Bailey Hall at 3 p.m. in Budig Hall.
- A dinner at 7 p.m. at Alvamar Country Club.