Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Taco Bell, 1220 W. Sixth St., reported the theft of a drive-through microphone/speaker from the drive-through lane between 1:35 a.m. and 1:48 a.m. Tuesday. The speaker and pole are valued at $300.
- A 28-year-old Lawrence man reported the burglary of an automobile in the 200 block of Bristol Terrace. A $500 amplifier and $300 speakers were reported stolen. Damage to the interior and the dashboard was estimated at $300.
- Lawrence police arrested James Christopher Brown, 19, Lawrence, for robbery on Tuesday night. Details about the robbery weren't immediately available. Brown was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 7:01 p.m. and was being held on $3,000 bond.
- Lawrence police arrested an unidentified man who was acting disorderly in the Bottleneck, 727 N.H., at 1:03 a.m. Tuesday. The manager reported the man threw a pool ball at her when she asked him to leave. The man was charged with aggravated assault, criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana. The man was also charged with obstruction of the legal process for refusing to identify himself to police.
- Kerry Jymm, 21, Gallup, N.M., was in critical condition Tuesday in the intensive care unit at KUMC, where he is recovering from injuries sustained in an automobile accident Aug. 29. Jymm had been in critical condition Friday.
- Kim A. Groenhagen, 35, McLouth, was in fair condition Tuesday at KUMC, where he is recovering from burn injuries sustained in a July 30 fire at Heetco Inc.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- System malfunction, 1800 Engel Road, 11:03 p.m., Monday.
- Arcing/shorting electrical equipment, 1201 Wakarusa Dr., 9:39 p.m., Monday.
- Unintentional alarm, 1475 Jayhawk Blvd., 9:37 p.m., Monday.
- Unintentional alarm, 1012 Emery Road, 8:43 p.m., Monday.
- Structure fire, 226 Pinecone Drive, 1:51 p.m., Monday.
- False call, 1700 Mass., 1:35 p.m., Monday.
- Unintentional alarm, 4604 Hearthside Drive, 1:09 p.m., Monday.
- Spill/leak with no ignition, 1705 N. 600 Road, 10:49 a.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 2000 block of Emerald Drive, 4 a.m., Tuesday.
- Medical emergency, K-10 highway, 10:40 p.m., Monday.
- Stand-by to assist fire or police, 900 block of Alabama, 8:04 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 3700 block of Greenway Circle, 4:15 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 2800 block of West 31st, 3:34 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 1900 block of Moodie Road, 1:26 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 1100 block of West Sixth, 12:26 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 3000 block of West Sixth, 10:26 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 1000 block of New Hampshire, 10:08 p.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 700 block of North Seventh, 9:44 a.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 500 block of Elm, 9:40 a.m., Monday.
- Non-emergency transfer, 300 block of Maine, 9:30 a.m., Monday.
- Medical emergency, 300 block of Maine, 7:05 a.m., Monday.