Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported the burglary and theft of items between 11 p.m. Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday from the 1000 block of Vermont. Taken were a sleeping bag valued at $125, a tent valued at $250 and other items valued at $1,188.
- A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported a man eavesdropping at his window in the 400 block of West 22nd Street between 4 a.m. and 4:29 a.m. on Monday.
- Lawrence police arrested a 23-year-old Lawrence man on charges of possession of marijuana, burglary of a vehicle, theft greater than $500 and less than $25,000, and criminal damage to property less than $500. He was booked at 8:20 p.m. Friday into Douglas County Jail. He was released at 8:59 p.m. on $6,750 bond and is scheduled to appear in court at 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
- Lawrence police arrested a 27-year-old Topeka man Friday on charges of theft greater than $500 and less than $25,000 and a Kansas Department of Corrections detainment. He was booked at 6:31 p.m. Friday into Douglas County Jail, where he was being held Friday night.
- Kim A. Groenhagen, 35, McLouth, was in fair condition Friday at KUMC, where he is recovering from burn injuries sustained in a July 30 fire at Heetco Inc. Groenhagen had been listed in critical condition Sunday.
- Dan Blomgren, Lawrence, was in fair condition Tuesday at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, where he is recovering from injuries sustained in an automobile accident Sept 1. He had been listed in serious condition Thursday.