Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 55-year-old rural Lawrence man reported that his $12,000 1994 Ford Explorer Sport was taken between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 6 a.m. Thursday from his residence at 1837 E. 1650 Road.
- A Baldwin man was being evaluated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital after he suffered injuries in a one-car accident at 11th and Maine. Authorities said the man appeared to be driving east down a hill on 11th, and apparently missed a left turn onto Maine. The Acura Integra he was driving struck a street light pole, knocking the light out.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke, odor removal, 10:42 p.m. Wednesday, 1611 Mass.
- Alarm system malfunction, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Spill/leak, 3:09 p.m. Wednesday, 3440 W. Sixth.
- Unintentional false alarm, 1:44 p.m. Wednesday, 601 Kasold.
- Smoke scare, 1:23 p.m. Wednesday, 2201 W. 25th.
- Spill/leak, 12:49 p.m. Wednesday, 810 Ky.
- Refuse fire, 10:27 p.m. Wednesday, 1401 Monterey Way.
- Smoke scare, 8:02 a.m. Wednesday, 1501 Irving Hill Rd.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 1:39 a.m. Thursday, 800 block of Dearborn.
- Slip/fall, no transport, 1:36 a.m. Thursday, 800 block of New Hampshire.
- Slip/fall, 7:48 p.m. Wednesday, 2400 block of Louisiana.
- Slip/fall, no transport, 6:58 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Maple Lane.
- Vehicle accident, 5:16 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of East 23rd.
- Non-emergency transfer, 4:12 p.m. Wednesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 3:48 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Illinois.
- Slip/fall, 3:05 p.m. Wednesday, 2400 block of Jacob Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 2:03 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of Lawrence Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 11:26 a.m. Wednesday, 3600 block of West 10th.
- Good intent call, no transport, 11 a.m. Wednesday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Non-emergency transfer, 9:45 a.m. Wednesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.