Ht.: 6-2. Wt.: 170.
Promoted to No. 1 quarterback after Brent Carnagie went down with a preseason knee injury, Eudora High senior Aaron Rose has stepped up for the Cardinals. He had touchdown runs of 24 and 17 yards in Eudora's 54-0 romp of Mission Valley last week. In the past two games, Rose has 21 rushes for 126 yards with four TDs while running the option offense that has generated 775 yards in two victories.
"He's taken over the quarterback job and is doing a good job," EHS coach Aaron Barnett said. "He's gotten better ever week and he's learning every week and getting more reps. He makes all the offensive calls and all the defensive calls in the huddle."
- Eudora's Jerrad Born had touchdown runs of 11 and 56 yards in the victory over Mission Valley.
- McLouth's Matt Kesinger compiled 211 yards total offense -- 138 yards passing and 73 yards rushing -- and had two touchdown runs in a 35-26 loss to Troy.
- McLouth's Aaron Gardner rushed for 102 yards and had a touchdown run and TD reception.
- In his season debut, Tonganoxie's Adam Bundy rushed for 105 yards in a 24-0 victory over Basehor-Linwood.
- Ottawa's Travis Brownrigg remained on a roll, rushing for 123 yards and a touchdown in the Cyclones' 28-12 victory over unbeaten Kansas City Ward.