Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 20-year-old Lawrence male reported a television, stereo equipment and other items valued at $1,855 were stolen from his residence between 4:30 p.m. Sept. 21 and 5 p.m. Sept. 23 from the 2500 block of Redbud.
- Lawrence police on Wednesday night arrested at 40-year-old Lawrence man for child abuse. The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 10:22 p.m. and was being held without bond.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Hazardous materials, 9:57 p.m. Tuesday, 530 Graystone Drive.
- Unintentional false alarm, 5:53 p.m. Tuesday, 1012 Emery.
- Smoke scare, 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, 2201 W. 21st.
- Unintentional false alarm, 7:56 a.m. Tuesday, 3809 Stockade Court.
- Person seen, no help needed, 2:53 a.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of Vermont.
- Assault, no transport, 8:35 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of East 19th.
- Medical emergency, 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, 400 section of North 1600 Road.
- Slip/fall, 4:48 p.m. Tuesday, 1300 section of East 800 Road.
- Person seen, no help needed, 4:29 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of North Second.
- Non-emergency transfer, 12:35 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 10:22 a.m. Tuesday, 400 block of North.
- Medical emergency, 7:06 a.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Brandon Woods Terrace.
- Slip/fall, 7:06 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Orchard Lane, Baldwin.