Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 34-year-old Lawrence woman reported that her car, valued at $5,500, was stolen between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 12:30 a.m. Thursday from the 2700 block of Harper Street.
- A 40-year-old Lawrence man reported two clay statues stolen from a home in the 2400 block of Louisiana Street. The statues, valued at $1,500, were taken between 2 a.m. and 5:15 a.m. Wednesday.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence woman told Lawrence Police on Monday that she was raped in her home in the 3000 block of Bainbridge Circle by an acquaintance on Aug. 21. The report stated that alcohol may have been involved in the incident.
- Brad Leontos, 25, of Lawrence, was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after a Friday morning accident. Leontos was a passenger in a car driven by his brother, Craig Leontos, 23, of Lawrence. Craig Leontos was driving north at 12:20 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of Michigan when he swerved to avoid hitting a parked car and lost control of the vehicle. His car traveled across the street and hit a utility pole. According to a police report, the other car was parked legally.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 8:49 p.m. Thursday, 920 W. Ninth.
- Vehicle fire, 8:32 p.m. Thursday, 901 Vt.
- Controlled burn, 7:32 p.m. Thursday, 500 North St.
- Spill/leak, no ignition, 3:58 p.m. Thursday, 3054 W. Eighth.
- Smoke scare, 8:52 a.m. Thursday, 409 E. 12th.
- Alarm system malfunction, 8:42 a.m. Thursday, 325 Maine.
- Structure fire, 6:57 a.m. Thursday, 1209 Oread; coals from a barbecue grill on a roof caused $1,500 in damage to the roof.
- Medical emergency, 5:58 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of Harper Street.
- Medical emergency, 4:39 a.m. Friday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Medical emergency, 2:53 a.m. Friday, 2400 block of Louisiana Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:21 a.m. Friday, 500 block of Michigan Street.
- Bicycle accident, 2:01 a.m. Friday, 900 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Vehicle accident, 12:24 a.m. Friday, 600 block of Michigan Street.
- Medical emergency, 8:50 p.m. Thursday, 1000 section of North 1750 Road.
- Medical emergency, 7:56 p.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Schwegler Drive.
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle, no transport, 7:47 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of Massachusetts Street.
- Medical emergency, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Orchard Lane, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 6:50 p.m. Thursday, 2000 block of Miller Drive.
- Nonemergency transfer, 6:02 p.m. Thursday, from 300 block of Maine Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:23 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of North Seventh Street.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 3:12 p.m. Thursday, 200 block of Michigan Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:58 p.m. Thursday, 3000 block of West Sixth Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:08 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Bristol Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 1:06 p.m. Thursday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Nonemergency transfer, 10:49 a.m. Thursday, from 300 block of Maine Street.