Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Two Lawrence men were arrested Tuesday afternoon after someone reported they were firing a gun within the city limits, police said. Police responded to the report and arrested one of the men, age 22, for discharging a firearm within the city limits. He was being held Tuesday night in the Douglas County Jail on $100 bond. The other man, age 23, was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was being held Tuesday night in the jail without bond.
- A 42-year-old McLouth woman reported a Panasonic camcorder and Minolta 35 mm camera were stolen between 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Sunday from the 100 block of Indian Avenue. Total loss was $1,344.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence man reported someone stole $3,300 in miscellaneous items from his car between 6 p.m. Monday and 2:51 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Fireside.
- Dorothy Roach, 80, Baldwin, was in serious condition Tuesday night at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, where she was taken by helicopter from a two-vehicle accident Saturday at U.S. Highway 59 and Douglas County Road 458.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Unintentional false alarm, 12:31 a.m. Tuesday, 3500 Clinton Parkway.
- Smoke scare, 5:35 p.m. Monday, 2424 Melrose.
- Unintentional false alarm, 1:23 p.m. Monday, 2424 Melrose.
- Good intent call, 11:28 a.m. Monday, 2900 Santa Fe Lane.
- Good intent call, 10:49 a.m. Monday, 2424 Melrose.
- Power line down, 9:44 a.m. Monday, 2228 Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 5:14 a.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Heatherwood Drive.
- Medical emergency, 3:10 a.m. Tuesday, mile marker 195, Interstate 70.
- Medical emergency, 2:27 a.m. Tuesday, 2700 block of Chipperfield.
- Medical emergency, 1:21 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of Walnut.
- Medical emergency, 1:06 p.m. Monday, 400 block of Eighth.
- Medical emergency, 11:24 a.m. Monday, 200 block of High, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 9:28 a.m. Monday, 325 Maine.
- Medical emergency, 8:46 a.m. Monday, 700 block of Fifth.
- Medical emergency, 7:57 a.m. Monday, 1700 block of 19th.